Monday, October 19, 2009
My Views on Creationism/Evolution
I believe there are many man made ways to explain the origin of life. The truth is NONE OF THEM ARE FACT. Many believe they have the definite explanation of life but know one knows for certain. Many if not a majority of South Carolinians believe in creationism; whether it be Christianity, Muslim, Judaism, so on and so forth. I consider myself to be a Christian. This is partly because it is the way I was raised, which is the number one reason why most people, especially children, believe what they believe. It is also because it is what I CHOOSE to believe, it just makes sense to me. I personally don't think it matters what belief or religion a person belongs to. I have witnessed many people completely shut them selves off to the possibility of evolution during the few weeks we have studied it. I think that this is plain ignorant. Just because you believe in a god, does not mean you cannot or should not learn about other people's beliefs. Not only is it ignorant for that reason, but, you must know about evolution to make it through school. The same principle applies to those who believe in evolution; just because you take science's approach, doesn't mean you shouldn't learn another's beliefs. It helps you understand the person on a different level. While I consider myself a christian (and this may sound a bit self-contradictory), I believe religion is a major problem not only in our society, but in the planet as a whole. This is for one reason only...war. A majority of wars that have happened on this planet for thousands of years have been caused by religion. It is an 'I'm right, you're wrong' approach. Why do you think we are staged in Iraq RIGHT now? primarily because of religion. The "bad guys" want to eradicate us (who are known to them as the 'infidels') because we believe the wrong thing, and we want to shove democracy down there throats and bring the feuding countries to peace...with fighting? Now while democracy is a form of government and not religion, it is the same principle, we are right and you are wrong. This is when most people ask themselves who the "bad guys" really are. The answer is neither parties. They view us as we view them. It is merely a fight for survival now. I think the only way these problems can be solved is when our planet is destroyed by a massive implosion in the year 2012 (this would be the humorous part of the blog). In all seriousness, I just believe that we are a misguided race, and that world peace won't be achieved anytime soon. This is why we must enjoy all the small things in life, instead of spending all of our time frowning upon the big things that trouble us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Lots of really good thoughts here, and even a little humor! I wish you'd brought it back around to creation and evolution in the end though. Also, please do honor to your thinking by spending good proofreading time at the end of your process. You need paragraph breaks and some other detail editing. 8/10
ReplyDelete